Why Sunset ?
First, we don’t need a early wake up to capture it 😂, even we can drink a coffee and eat something while we waiting sunset. Second, landscape of coral hill, forest, mountains, temple or other building become as a dramatic parts to be shown when we are capture the sunset. Third, colours composition of sunset have many variation and beautifull, especially golden color.
Ten things to do..
What are the secrets to capture a dramatical sunset?
- Continuous learning on composition.
- Learn and self training on long exposure technic. The technic will provide dramatical effect e.g cloud movement, smooth water or wave movement.
- Use a small diafragma (large number) e.g F/16 – F/22.. The object will be seen focus overall.
- Use manual mode which the diafragma (F) and shutter speed can be better managed.
- Buy a Natural Density (ND) filter to make lighting darker..😅
- Besides ND Filter to make light darker, you can set up the EV compensation (minus) e.g -1 or -2.
- Clean your lens before use.
- If you want capture the sunset, you must be patient to wait 😅…
- Don’t be stingy to take shots… Memory 16-32GB can store more than 700 RAW images..If you have lots of pictures, you can choose the best results even though sometimes a little tired..
- Learning post production editing will help you to correct the image … For example with Photoshop or Lightroom, you can learn about burning, dodging and color balance techniques to post production process
Here are my sunset photos….All photos taken by Fujifilm XT10, XF 18-55mm……Hopefully useful…